As many of you reading this already know, maintaining a healthy lifestyle is extremely important. To an extent we are all aware of what we should be doing to be healthy both physically and mentally. You should exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes a day. Eat at least 2 cups of fruit and 2 cups of veggies daily in addition to drinking half a gallon of water. Last but certainly not least you should take time throughout your day for some metal downtime for you to remain relaxed. I am sure you have heard at least one, if not all, of those recommendations in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The simplicity of these tasks can seem easy in theory but when it comes to reality why does it feel so hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle? Why is something that we all know will positively affect our mood and physical appearance, so difficult to upkeep? The simple answer is a combination of lack of motivation and self-discipline.
Check out the video below for great insight into HEALTHY LIVING!
Here are the SVETNESS Top 6 Tips On How To Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle, Stay Motivated, & Become Disciplined.
- Staying motivated can be challenging! One of the best ways to stay motivated is to remember why you set certain goals or habits in place for yourself. Take a moment to write down why you want to accomplish those goals! Then list all the obstacles you have overcome to get to where you are right now!
- Make a Daily To-Do list as part of your morning routine! List all the major tasks you want to complete in a day, this will help you to stay up to date with all tasks and daily goals that you have set in place for yourself. It is a great way to stay motivated on completing your goals and crossing them off your list.
- The process of becoming self-disciplined and creating or maintaining healthy habits can be overwhelming! To make those goals or habits more attainable we recommend breaking down your major goals into smaller more attainable goals! Master smaller goals in order to work towards a larger overarching goal or plan.
- When you presented with a task outside of your comfort zone challenge yourself to completing it! Do not place a limitation on your will-power! Did you know that the amount of willpower you have is predetermined by your own beliefs? There was a study completed by Stanford University that found if you believe you have a small amount of will power you are very unlikely to achieve any goal outside the limitations you set on yourself!
- In addition to maintaining a physically healthy lifestyle, it is just as important to maintain a healthy mental lifestyle as well. People can at times be creatures of habit and without realizing it those habits can affect our moods positively or negatively. Frequently trying something new is a great way to take yourself out of your typical routine and positively challenge your brain in a new way! Take a different path to or from work, got to a new museum, or something as simple as going to a new grocery store can all help you to participate in positive change.
- Reflection is one of the most important parts of living a healthy lifestyle. Take 30 mins out of your day or even out of your week to sit down and reflect on what has been happening in your life. Self-reflection allows your mind to wonder and process events, ideas, and conversations that have happened over the course of the day, week, and year! Gaining an emotional awareness about yourself, you will be more aware of your strengths, weakness, and what passions drive you to be the best version of yourself. Click here for more information on self-reflection.
Self Motivation Video!
Self Discipline Video!